With the new understanding of disease treatment and the knowledge gained through medical advances over the past few decades home health care has gained acceptance as the preferred alternative to institutional care in many medical situations. Physicians and professionals agree that recuperating in a home environment heightens emotional well-being and shortens the convalescence period.
Some of the benefits of home health care in long term recovery and rehabilitation processes include:
- Peace of mind, knowing that your parent or loved one has a professional
care giver assisting them with activities of daily living
- Regular visits by a skilled nurse who manages and evaluates the care plan
and keeps the patient's physician informed of the patient's status and progress.
- Patients recuperate faster in a familiar home environment
- The increase in outpatient surgeries has led to much shorter hospital stays
- Patient's family and friends lack the time and knowledge to properly care for them
- With regular supervision by trained home health care personnel a patient with
signs and symptoms of complications or declines is reported quickly to the
doctor and family so proper remediation can begin.